Paradigm Initiative (PIN) has called on young Africans between the ages 18-25 years old to apply for their Essay/Debate competition.
The competition, according to the company, is in line with the activities to mark its 15th anniversary in a dual event that will bring together partners, Friends of PIN, alumni, volunteers, PIN team members, and digital rights and inclusion stakeholders.
“As part of activities to commemorate this day, Paradigm Initiative is organising an Essay/Debate Competition for young and outstanding African youth between 18-25 years with passion and drive for digital rights and inclusion in the continent who want to make their voices heard,” PIN announced in an update.
The topic for this year’s essay competition is “Are the Social and cultural norms in Africa impeding the realization of digital rights and inclusion?”.
If you are youth, here is an opportunity to show your writing skills, and be rewarded for it.
Note that the deadline for submissions is June 30, 2022. The following shows the order in which the competition is followed:
- Argumentative Essay: Share an essay of not more than 1500 words on the topic: Are the Social and cultural norms in Africa impeding the realization of digital rights and inclusion ?
- In the essay, take a stand for either FOR or AGAINST.
- A total of 8 candidates will be selected and divided into two groups of 4 each ( FOR and AGAINST ) to prepare for the virtual debate via zoom on Thursday, July 20th, 2022.
- Debate winners will be announced during PIN Anniversary Dinner on Saturday, July 23rd, 2022.
- 4 outstanding candidates will be selected, two from each team, to compete at the grand finale.
3rd Round / Finale
- The debate finalists will win an all-expenses paid trip to Zimbabwe and a laptop set at the PIN Festival slated on October 10th – 14th.
To apply for the essay competition, click here to visit their offical essay application page.
Read also: GLF African Youth Storytelling Contest 2022