Ex-twitter CEO and founder, Jack Dorsey has founded a new social media platform named Bluesky.
Bluesky is developed to separate social network platforms, so many social webs, each with its formation and restraint, can work seamlessly with other social networks through unrestricted access.
There are currently several different social networks using the platform, and the Bluesky social media platform is one of them. Users are currently being accepted for the beta testing phase of the platform.
During the launch, Jack Dorsey affirmed Bluesky will give “a new foundation for social networking which gives creators independence from platforms, developers the freedom to build, and users a choice in their experience.”
Following Elon Musk’s $44 billion purchase of Twitter, the development of Bluesky has left many social media fans wondering what it is all about. Here are some quick facts regarding Bluesky’s development that you should be aware of.
- On Twitter, Jack Dorsey originally introduced the Bluesky program in 2019. Early in 2020, Parag Agrawal, the company’s chief technology officer, invited the first operation committee.
- Early in 2021, research on the Bluesky protocol was still in its early stages, with 40–50 members of the decentralized technology community actively researching choices and accumulating protocol suggestions.
- Three of Bluesky’s first employees were revealed in March 2022. Security engineer Aaron Goldman was brought on board after previously working for Twitter and Google. For the position of protocol engineer, Paul Frazee and Daniel Holmgren was employed.
- The project’s early development from the original development had been lagging, according to Jack Dorsey, on April 15th, 2022.
- According to a statement released by Bluesky on April 26, 2022, the project would proceed independently of Elon Musk’s proposed acquisition of Twitter because Bluesky has been operating as a public benefit limited liability corporation since February 2022. Due to the independence from having to pay back stockholders, Bluesky is now able to devote its resources to fulfilling its objective.
- Bluesky released a high-level description of the network framework together with the source code for an experimental personal data server and command-line client in May 2022. They also said that they will start sharing the platform’s development process before it is finished.
- The AT Protocol, which will power applications, was given a plan of action and further technical information by Bluesky in October 2022. In addition, Bluesky began taking registrations for beta testing an upcoming edition of the application.