CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, has commenced applications for the 2023 Summer Student Programme in Geneva, Switzerland.
According to CERN, during two full months corresponding to 9 weeks (June-August 2023) openlab summer students will work on an advanced IT project and will be given a series of IT lectures specially prepared for them by experts at CERN and other institutes.
The students also have the opportunity to attend the main CERN Summer student programme lectures, if they wish.
Visits to the accelerators and experimental areas are part of the programme, as well as visits to external companies, pandemic allowing. A short report and a presentation on your work and project at CERN will be expected at the end of your stay.
In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a Bachelor or Master student (not PhD) with a strong computing profile and will have completed, by summer 2023, at least three years of full-time studies at university level.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN.
- If you expect to graduate during European summer 2023 (as of May), you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User or other status) for more than 3 months.
- You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
If you meet the requirements, CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion.
In return, they will provide you with:
- A contract of association of 9 weeks to work on an advanced IT project.
- An extensive IT lecture programme, students will also be able to attend the CERN generic summer student lecture programme if they wish.
- A 90 CHF per calendar day (net of tax) subsistence allowance to cover the cost of accommodation and meals in the Geneva area for a single person for the whole contract duration.
- A travel allowance on a lump sum basis paid at the end of your stay to help you with the cost of travel between Geneva and your residence at the time of the selection committee.
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive Health Insurance scheme (contribution is already deducted from the daily allowance).
- Assistance to find accommodation on the CERN site or nearby.
Apply for the program – https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/oneclick-ui/company/CERN/publication/c15f9d6e-9aa0-4a15-bb54-37dce9aa6ef7?dcr_ci=CERN
Refer a friend – https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/external-referrals/company/CERN/publication/c15f9d6e-9aa0-4a15-bb54-37dce9aa6ef7?dcr_ci=CERN