Sid Meier’s Civilization V (CIV 5) is an award-winning PC strategy game developed by Firaxis Games, and released on Microsoft Windows on September 21, 2010.
Since its development, the game has garnered positive acclaims for its appeal to the nurturing side of human nature and the fact that every move you make in the game has its own positive or negative consequences. Your victory in CIV 5 is greatly determined by your choices from the game onset.
Moreover, CIV 5 is a great time-killer, as you might just lose track of time when you begin to grow your civilization.
For game lovers who are eager to try out CIV 5 for the very first time, I have included the torrent file (repack by xatab) at the bottom of this post. You must have a torrent client to download it such as qBittorrent.
If you have already installed the game (xatab repack), the default language will be in Russian and you need to change it to English to be able to play it.
Change CIV 5 from Russia To English
To change the language of CIV 5 (xatab repack), you have to edit two of its game files – Config.ini & ALI213.ini. Follow these steps to change the language to english. You can also watch the video below this article:
- From Desktop, right click on the Sid Meier’s CIV 5 game icon, then click “Open file location“.
- A window showing CIV 5 game files will open.
- Look for “Config.ini“, then open it and Search “Lang”. You will see “The currently selected steam language”. Change it to “English”. Below it, you will also see “The currently selected language.” and “The currently selected spoken language”, change them to en_US. Save the file.
- Go back to the game files window, look for “ALI213.ini” and click it. Under language game, change Russian to English. Save the file.
- You are all set to Play. Open the game and it will display English!
Watch step by step video:
Try out CIV 5 – https://archive.org/details/sid-meier039s-civilization-5