Life is dynamic, life is beautiful and life is also unpredictable.
Life takes people through series of episodes some experience happiness, sadness while some live on traumatic experience.
If you have ever been through some ugly scenario you’d understand what trauma is, not everyone who go through ugly moments will experience trauma.Victims of traumatic experience reacts differently, some heal within a week, some a year some take lengthy year’s.
The pains, injury and sorrow trauma brings can’t be cured with any medication , it takes time and patience to finally erase the ugly experience
Trauma is an emotional response to a negative situation or accident.
Trauma could come as a result of domestic violence, reap, accident, verbal abuse, sexual abuse, being kidnap, bullying etc,.
Traumatic incidents lingers for a while if the person speaks out and confides in a person whom they trust.
Traumatic experience can affect the victims mental sense which may or not result in them isolating themselves from the society.If not attended to it could lead to the victims hurting themselves and would have to entertain suicidal thoughts.
Trauma could physically or psychologically affect the victim
Negative effect of trauma can birth so many negative behaviours wherein a person switches from mood to another.
Traumatic experience takes years to go if it’s not properly attended to.
Signs of Trauma
- Anger (Emotional flashback)
- Lack of Concentration at any activity
- Mood Swing
- Addictions-Excessive drinking of alcohol, bad eating habits
- Low self esteem
How to overcome Trauma
- Find an hobby: Find a physical activity that excites you, get busy with it and make sure you do it regularly. It is okay, to go out of your comfort zone to do what makes you happy, do whatever stirs joy in you. When you find what excites you are gradually releasing your self from every toxic thoughts and fear.
- Speak out often: When you go through traumatic situation the first thing you do is to talk to a trusted friend or family member who would help you overcome the scenes. Traumatic experience can be very hard to erase from the victims head especially when its the case of Rape or Child Abuse. You’ll get support and love from trusted people if you open up about your scar.
- Meditate: Inhale and exhale the bad energy. Get yourself together and work more on meditating if you haven’t been doing so. Meditating will boost your mind. In fact, Meditating does so good for your mental health it helps you to release bad energy and give you less things to stress about. You may feel the need to pray more that’s okay, it’s okay to pray your stress away. Meditating while hearing a favourite song does wonders also.
- Avoid hurting yourself: In your way to finding healing, flashbacks will come, never hurt yourself because of what had happened, live above it and heal from it. The more you learn to embrace your past the quicker you heal, because you’ll surely remember what happened and how it happened,when you learn to live above if and embrace it knowing that it’s part of your life struggle the better the you heal.
- Forgive yourself: When you don’t forgive yourself you hate everything about yourself even when you’re the prettiest in the room you’ll always see yourself as damaged and unqualified.Forgive yourself of whatever had happened and live well. Let happiness rule your heart and never entertain fear.
- Seek Professional Advice: I don’t think there is a known cure for trauma but getting professional advice can help ease the way you feel. Seeking professional help will definitely help you in recovering.
- Love yourself: Celebrating yourself and making feel important is significant after traumatic experience. Appreciate yourself, Celebrate yourself, you’re human and you should not feel less inferior. Take time to treat yourself you deserve it. Take care of your health, get your life back together and remain positive always!
- Take Walk: A regular simple walk out of your room can help you clear your head. Walking can help recharge your body and mind thereby restoring your lost energy and also boosting you mentally.
Traumatic experience can definitely change your personality, trauma can have long term effect of on the victims personality,if you’re an extroverted being it could isolate and keep you in darkness of ugly thought.
Be patient in trying to recover yourself from traumatic experience, take the first step and be consistent.
As human beings, we experience trauma in one way or the other in our lives.
Any sign/effects of trauma should be treated immediately to prevent permanence, when not addressed immediately it could damage the victim and the way they see the world.
There is no gain in nursing that pain alone speak out before it makes you bitter.
Kindly comment or ask questions.