Abortion, in medical terms, is the termination of pregnancy, before the age it can be delivered and sustained (28 weeks).
This topic has attracted quite a number of social struggle in the world today, as induced abortion (the type being carried out intentionally) is being clamored for legal approval in developed and developing countries.
Debates and arguments have been staged and concerns registered with massive protests and legal proceedings.
Some say the fetus is non-living/not a person for a period of time in the womb, and so termination at that period is not killing. Some say it is person.
Fact remains that the fetus already has a heart (though primitive) at 3 weeks in the womb. Menstruation ceases when there is pregnancy. Normal cycle takes 28 days, which is about the same time for the heart to have formed.
Before the next cycle, which if missed, there is suspicion of pregnancy, the fetus has a primitive heart.
Abortion, if not carried out legally and by a professional or certified physician or surgeon, predisposes to complications that are grouped into immediate and late.
- Damage to the Womb or Cervix
- Excessive bleeding
- Incomplete abortion, which is a gynecological emergency.
- Infection of the reproductive organs, vagina, uterus, cervix,
- Fallopian tubes, ovaries.
- Septic shock
- Preterm delivery of subsequent pregnancies due to weakening of the cervix from repeated unprofessional abortion procedure. Studies have shown that one induced abortion increases the risk of preterm delivery by 25%-27% while two or more increases risk to 51%-62%
- Premature births. This predisposes the babies to serious health risks such as disabilities, cerebral palsy, intellectual impairment, psychological development disorders and autism.
There are diverse methods of preventing pregnancy, of which condoms are the most common and cheap method.
Orgies are emotional pushes and whenever we have such, let us consider playing safe as the best form of play. Use a condom to prevent unwanted pregnancy or other contraceptive methods.
Abortion is a terrible process for the lady and child and it comes with terrible physical, psychological and social consequences, especially if carried out by an uncertified person.