The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) has opened applications for master’s scholarships for the next generation of global health leaders.
The scholarships were made possible by donations to the LSHTM Fund. This year’s two scholarships are intended to support excellent candidates who would be unable to take up a place of study without this financial support.
Geeky Nigeria reports that the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is renowned for its research, postgraduate studies, and continuing education in public and global health. Their mission is to improve health and health equity in the UK and worldwide while working in partnership to achieve excellence in public and global health research, education, and translation of knowledge into policy and practice.
Two LSHTM Fund Scholarships are available for 2023-24. The scholarship comprises:
- 2023-24 tuition fees (at the overseas fee rate), including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 19,500.00
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- be nationals of, and resident in, low to middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank);
- intend to return to a low to middle-income country on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM;
- confirm in writing that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study;
- meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements (as required by LSHTM’s Admissions system);
- a first or upper-second-class honours undergraduate degree from a UK university, or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard;
- hold an offer of admission for 2023-24 for one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based (intensive) MSc programmes of study.
Steps to apply
- Step 1: Submit an application for 2023-24 for an eligible MSc programme of study, by following the instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page. Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary admissions documents (including references) are submitted by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option ‘2023-24 LSHTM Fund Scholarship’ from the drop-down menu. A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should already have uploaded references, a CV, passport, transcripts, etc with their admissions application).
Note that the scholarship deadline is 23:59 (GMT) on Wednesday 1 March 2023.