The 25th of December isn’t just a day that comes and goes, but one that is talked about for a long time.
It’s a festive season commemorating the birth of Jesus that everyone looks to after a long working year. It also comes as a reward for a good job done well all through the year.
You’ve pulled through the year and through your target for the year with help from everyone directly and indirectly. Your neighbors had your back, and your families and friends had your heart and mind intact. It’s now your turn to return the favor. Share love the unusual way on Christmas day.
Making the day a memorable one for ourselves and our loved ones is just the right thing to do, that’s adding the holiday to your history book.
Kids love Christmas. Make it one that they can write an essay. Making it memorable will not only make the writing task easy for them but add to their happiness bar.
Below are ten things you’ll be glad you did on Christmas day:
- Call that old friend you haven’t heard from in a while. Remember John from high school, Bridget from the old church, and Mercy from the old neighborhood. Call them, wish them the best and remind them that you’re rooting for them. Christmas is love and talking to an old friend and reminding them of the bond you share is a lovely thing to do. It can’t be forgotten in a while.
- Surprise that neighbor that always comes through for you. Your CCTV must have shown you many things and the ways your neighbors came through for you in your absence. Even though you always appreciate them for every kind gesture; an act of appreciation on Christmas will be a perfect avenue to bond more and show that you really think about what they do for you.
- Confess your embarrassing moment to your family. Crazy or cliché? Christmas is about love and your family is the first people on your love ladder. Imagine telling your family about how you fell down the office stairs or how you the waiter mixed up your orders. It stays in their memory for a long time and Christmas day will be a reference day whenever they talk about it as a subject.
- Surprise someone’s bank balance. No matter how big or small, everyone likes a bank credit alert. Doing this means one thing; you’ve made Christmas a memorable one for someone. The joy that you can make someone surprise on the 25th of December, Jesus Christ would be proud.
- Play dress-up. Wear that outfit in your wardrobe that you love but never had the chance to. Wear the outfit, move around the house, take pictures, act like your favorite celebrity, do videos, and do makeup. It’s a fun thing to remember.
- Do a group video call. Put your family, your friend circle, or even colleagues at work. The conversation is fun and memorable. Everyone remembers what was said for a long time.
- Play your favorite home games. This time, put a price tag on the winnings. An amazing way to remember Christmas day and the games.
- Arrange a karaoke session. What’s more fun and interesting like a Karaoke session? Nothing. The interesting part is to include your favorite old songs that you don’t get to listen to every day. This makes it a memorable one as you sing along memory lane.
- Act a play. Unscripted and unwritten, everyone gets to do whatever they feel like doing. A little suggestion here, Record it. You’ll be glad you did in years to come.
- Prepare that favorite dish you don’t get to eat all the time. If you love cooking, this is a fun way to bond and make memories.