In this era of digitalisation, online jobs and unbridled taste for social media; If you are not doing an online job, you may feel left out.
I am not saying that technology doesn’t have its advantages especially with the outbreak of the covid 19 pandemic, I agree that technology has its uses. This does not mean that people that don’t do online jobs are not making money.
Do you know there are businesses you can start with under N50,000 (50K)
In fact, this article should be an eye-opener for those that are not internet-savvy but are looking for something they can do offline with some change:
- Small scale catering business: If cooking is a creative outlet for you then you have to try this. All you need is a name and the passion to talk about your business anywhere you are. Make a few samples and publicize via your workplace, get-togethers or events. Sooner or later, you will start getting customers that will move your brand to the online marketplace. Examples include shawarma, cakes, small chops, birthday surprise package e.t.c.
- Cleaning services: Do you enjoy cleaning, arranging or putting things in order? If yes. This one is for you. All you need is to create handbills and posters. Especially If you stay in an area with high residential capacity. There is no way you will not get patronized one way or the other. People are always looking to outsource cleaning activities to trustworthy personnel.
- Personal shopper: These days people outsource everything, which includes shopping. To start this business all you need is a reliable cab man you can hire for shopping services. To get customers you can target intensive workers like bankers and corporate workers that barely have time to sleep. They pay you a fee to get their shopping done.
- Vegetable farming: Agriculture has been looked down on by youths of this era because it doesn’t promise the wealth you see on Instagram. Fortunately for those that are wise like you, this is a gold mine waiting to be explored. The requirements to start this business are:
• a small space of land (which you can substitute for jute sacs and small containers for planting).
• A reliable water source.
• Gardening tools.
You can try your hands on popular vegetables like Green, Soko, Ewedu. etc. You just need to market your vegetables 1 week before they are ready. When people know they can get fresh vegetables from you constantly the sky is your starting point.
- Personal trainer: Physical exercise will never run out of fashion, hence this idea. If you have a regular job, you can still run this gig during the weekend. All you need are a few committed people around you interested in working out. The advantage of doing this is that you will enjoy the benefits of working out and make some extra cash on the side.