Khan Academy Kids is an Android app developed by Khan Academy. It is an educational app for Kids, providing them with features that would aid learning and boost their academic performance.
Learning is joyful with Khan Academy Kids! Our award-winning app includes thousands of educational activities, books, songs, and games for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners. A cast of adorable characters will guide children through lessons, and our adaptive learning path will customize their experience to help them master different skills.
Children can learn reading, language, writing, math, social-emotional development, problem-solving skills, and motor development. Open-ended activities and games like drawing, storytelling, and coloring encourage creativity and self-expression.
Khan Academy Kids is completely free, forever – no ads and no subscriptions necessary. And we’re always adding new content to keep kids engaged, including books and songs from Super Simple Songs®, Bellwether Media, and National Geographic Young Explorer Magazine.
Download today and let the joyful learning begin!
HIGH-QUALITY, AWARD-WINNING CONTENT
• Common Sense Media—5 stars Educational Value, 5 stars Ease of Play
• Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award for Excellence in Design—100% Rating
• Parents’ Choice Foundation Gold Award
• American Association of School Librarians—2019 Best App for Teaching and Learning
“The lessons are well-paced, filled with whimsy, intelligence, and a clear understanding of how children learn.” —Parents’ Choice Foundation
• Reading and literacy—phonics, the alphabet, spelling, and early writing
• Language—vocabulary, opposites, prepositions, and verbs
• Math—counting, numbers, addition, subtraction, shapes, and measuring
• Executive function and logic—focus, memory, and problem-solving
PERSONALIZED LEARNING EXPERIENCE
• Adaptive learning path allows each child to learn at their own pace.
• Children learn independently in the Library—a collection of activities, books, and videos.
• Kids can read books on their own or follow along with recorded audio narration.
• Five whimsical characters encourage children to think and learn.
• Highly interactive educational games and activities engage young learners.
• Kids can collect fun bugs, hats, and toys as they learn.
EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
• Social-emotional—relationships, self-control, and empathy
• Motor and physical development—gross and fine motor skills, health, and nutrition
• Creative expression—drawing, storytelling, and coloring
CREATED BY A TEAM OF EXPERTS
• Developed in collaboration with experts at the Stanford Graduate School of Education
• Aligns with Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework and Common Core Standards
• Features original content from Super Simple Songs®, Bellwether Media, and National Geographic Young Explorer MagazineKhan Academy Kids: Free educational games & books – Description
Why Install Khan Academy Kids App?
If you are a parent with kids, or have kids as your siblings, then this app will be helpful for them. You can get an android device for them, teach them how to operate it, install the app, and have them go through it regularly.
In showing kids the app and how to use it, care should be taking to avoid them becoming addicts or overusing it. For as they are kids, by their nature, they would turn it some kind of epic toy. This would defeat the learning purposes of the app. Here are reasons why kids need the app;
- For enhanced ideation – Kids form ideas of the world based on what they see and hear. The content found in the app stimulates the formation of ideas.
- Academic performance – Kids learn topics related to school work and can apply them in their academics, leading better grades
What Could Go Wrong with Khan Academy Kids App ?
As far as Kids are concerned, they should not be left unguided with the app. Reason being that there is a tendency for them to deviate from learning to playing, in which state it becomes a toy that as with any other toy outlives its usefulness.
The App is not lightweight, it uses more memory. Your device should have at least 2gb, enough file storage (over 500mb), high processing capacity & graphics to run the app without lags.
However , if you have a low-end smartphone, you might want to check it out, acknowledging the forthcoming lags. Though a phone with 512mb of RAM should encounter glitches.
If you desire your child to become better at forming ideas and perform significantly well academically, get the app.
This App requires Android version 5.0 upwards. You would need Google Play Store App Installed on your Smartphone.