We are officially hours away from 2022. Glory be to God.
I know by now, most of us have already written down our new year resolution. If haven’t, or you are having difficulties making one, go through the remarkable articles on New year resolutions by my fellow writers, then include what you find here.
Some of the things you should include in your plans for 2022, are as follows:
- New year resolutions: Often times people make list of what they want to do or what they want to stop doing at the beginning of the year. But large percentage of people fail to follow through. This is not because they don’t want to but simply because they lack the commitment and drive to achieve it. For instance, as a smoker you really want to stop but you see yourself procrastinating, I will stop next year. The right way to approach such situations that seems quite difficult for you to achieve is to look for someone who has done it before. Read books on how to stop smoking, avoid situations, friends and other things that might take you back to it. Nothing is easy but with dedication and the right mindset success is achievable.
- Acquiring new skills: For people who are in Nigeria, we have noticed the high rate of unemployment. The only way we can help ourselves is to learn one or two skills that can generate income. There are a lot of courses on the internet that you can apply and there are lots of online jobs as well that you can try. No one said it is easy. But at the end you will be able to say to yourself I tried, at least I made a move , I am a better version of myself.
- Building your skills: This is for people who already have a skill. People always love to work with experts, that’s why when you see a job opening you will see minimum of 2 to 3 years experience. Sharpen your blade, that way your skills will help you achieve a lot.
- Your circle of friends: There are some people who need to change the set of people they walk with if the really want to succeed in life. It’s not as if their friends do not wish them well but the problem is the kind of life they live. If your circle of friends do not advice you or help you grow I bet it is time you find new set of friends.
- Your attitude or behavior: There is a saying that the universe gives you the same energy you give it. It might be true to some extent. But the truth is stay positive. Don’t look down on yourself, you can do it. Don’t limit yourself. Stop telling yourself you are not good enough. You are one of a kind; no one can be like you. Change your attitude towards life today and enjoy the best of the year.
Share this with someone you know need.
error: Content is protected !!