An electrocution which occurred in Tumfure area of Gombe, has led to the demise of three people, and injured 10 others in the process.
The deceased victims are a mother, her daughter and one other person.
Reports reaching Geeky Nigeria revealed that the accident was caused by a faulty transformer on Wednesday Morning around 3am.
Eye-witnesses reported that the incident happened when a heavy wind brought down a high tension cable which touched the service line that brought power to a transformer in the area.
The deceased woman, known as Mrs Patrick was said to have woken up to switch off her refrigerator because of the sudden power surge when she was electrocuted, and her daughter was also electrocuted when she attempted to rescue her mother.
Another victim, later identified as Andrew Yaro was also electrocuted while trying to switch off electrical appliances in his house in the area.
When news on the electrocution got to the Governor of Gombe State, Inuwa Yahaya he visited the community and condoled with the families of the deceased.
He consoled the victims’ relatives and directed the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) to provide relief materials to the families who lost property in the incident.
Yahaya also instructed the Jos Electricity Distribution Company (JED) to address the incident to forestall any future occurence.