Chin Chin is a snack made from flour, sugar, butter, baking powder, egg and in some cases milk.
Chin Chin is one of the most popular and easy to make snacks around the world. It can either be deep fried or baked.
You can also decide to make your chin chin crunchy or hard. This recipe is for crunchy chin chin. If you want your Chin Chin to be hard, kindly leave out baking powder and egg.
Note: You can double or the triple the ingredients depending on the quantity that you want.
- 6 cups of flour
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups of sugar
- 1 sachet of butter (250g)
- 1 levelled tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 sachet of powdered milk
- 1 levelled tablespoon of nutmeg
- Put your measured flour in a bowl,mix together with your baking powder.
- Add your measured sugar and nutmeg and mix together.
- Add your butter and mix everything together.
- Break your eggs in a different bowl, add a small quantity of water to it, mix together and pour it inside the flour you had mixed.
- Mix everything together.
- Roll and cut it into your desired shape, then fry or bake.
In subsequent series, I will cover on the steps and provide more illustrations on how to make your chin nice very nice and desirable. Watch out for the next article.