As the years go by, humans have found new and easier ways of doing things, creating upgrades of machines, apps, devices and so many other innovations.
Why do you think upgrades are done for comfort? No matter how long you want to analyse this, we love being comfortable.
Remember how you scanned barcodes on products to determine if they were fake or original? And the immense joy you felt when these products were confirmed -the QR code is an advancement to the barcode.
QR code simply means the Quick Response code. This is a series of white and black squares with varying sizes enclosed in a bigger square. If you can recall, a barcode is horizontal whereas a QR code is both horizontal and vertical.
This code was developed by a Japanese company called Denso Wave and its purpose was to assist the brand in tagging its automobiles and corresponding parts. Denso Wave didn’t officially own the patent rights to the QR code hence allowing the general public to have access to it.
The shape of QR codes determines the amount of data that can be stored in the code.
A few years after the introduction of mobile phones, the QR code started gaining more popularity among the general public. To use QR codes, you have to scan the code using your mobile phone camera.
Listed below are some uses of the QR code
- QR codes are used to access the website of companies and other businesses. This reduces the stress of typing in the URL of the company because all you have to do is scan the code.
- QR codes are used to get access to Wifi networks, especially for a business. This is usually done when you are on their premises conducting business.
- QR codes are used to make online payments. This is done by scanning the code to access the payment platform of any organization.
- QR codes are used in the educational sector to gain access to information and course materials.
- Companies can use QR codes to get customer surveys from clients which can help them to improve service delivery.
- Organizations can use QR codes to increase the number of downloads for their mobile app because all customers have to do is scan the code with their smartphones.
- QR codes are used in the entertainment industry to gain more insights about events such as venues, speakers and so much more.
- QR codes are also used in the medical sector to make it possible for people to know if a drug is authentic.
The uses of QR codes in different industries are numerous and more uses are sure to come up as the years go by.
How To Generate A QR Code
QR codes are pretty easy to generate, all you have to do is to follow the steps outlined below.
- Get access to a mobile phone or a laptop device.
- Type in the URL qr-code-generator.com
- Input your business/company URL.
- Input your preferred data based on what you want to use the code for.
- Edit your code colour, size and other details to your taste.
- Your QR code is ready for download to your device.
As the technological space keeps evolving, don’t be surprised if an upgrade to the QR codes is released in no distant time. In the main time, have fun exploring the QR Code.