As the use of prepaid meter is gradually taking over the electricity industry, so also is the rise in trouble using the prepaid meter device.
This article gives a detailed explanation of how to load a token on CONLOG PREPAID METER and how to rectify a mistake.
It was born out of a personal experience dated 08/12/2020. My brother was asked to load the prepaid meter of the church and he called me to give him directives on how to go about it and I told him.
I don’t know how to do it except if I search around on Google which I did and found nothing.
Unfortunately, he tried the directive of the Pastor and it caused an error that reverted a message that said “please register the meter”.
The vendor of the Prepaid token was contacted and the rectification process was initiated which I will explain later in the article.
Note: you can not load your prepaid token when there is no power i.e when “Re con” is on the display.
Steps to load your purchased prepaid meter token.
- Input the 11 digit meter number and wait for some seconds
- Input the 20 digit token to activate your prepaid meter (just input the 20digit and wait).
My brother thought since there was no visible enter button so # must be the enter button and that caused the machine to send back error code.
Follow the following step to rectify the error if you ever make the same mistake
- On request, your vendor will send 20digits code in two places.
- Input the 11 digit meter number
- Input the first 20 digit
- Input the second 20 digit and you should see “DONE” displayed which implies that the error has been rubbed off.
After this step, you can go back to the first step and your prepaid meter will be activated.