Kaduna Electricity Distribution Company is one of the eleven electricity distribution companies in Nigeria, covering those in Kaduna and some other northern states.
Residents within their coverage areas can acquire a prepaid meter from Kaduna Electric, so as to have reliable access to power supply.
Fortunately for northerners, application for Kaduna Electric prepaid meter can be carried out online or offline.
Online Application For Kaduna Electric Prepaid Meter
- Visit the MAP online portal – https://kadunaelectric.com/map-application/
- Fill the online form for metering request.
- Once the request form is filled, and submitted Kaduna electric officials will pay a visit to the customer apartment to validate the the premises for metering.
- If the customer has any debts, they will be expected to clear all outstanding electric debt. Then if needed work out, acceptable flexible repayments options.
- Once the payment schedule is in place or the debt settled then, the next step is the payment of the cost of the meter. The single-phase is N36,991 while the three-phase is N67,005 which excludes VAT. Payment will be made into the designated map bank account.
- After payment is done, evidence should be presented to the MAP after payment
- KEDCO meter will be installed when payment has been confirmed within the next 10 working days.
Offline Application For Kaduna Electric Prepaid Meter
If you are having trouble using the online application, then you can simply download the form, fill and submit at their office.
Here’s how to go about it:
1. Visit – https://kadunaelectric.com/new-account/
2. Click “Download Form”; print and complete the form using the stated guidelines.
3. Fill the form correctly, and return to the closest Kaduna State Electricity customer service center
For more information, send an email to Kanduna Electric customer care – email@example.com