Ikeja Electric (IE) has provided its customers two options to get metered.
The Electricity Distribution Company revealed in a social media update, that customers can get metered through the Meter Asset Provider Scheme (MAP) or the National Mass Metering Program (NMMP), but each option requires a profile with complete registration.
According to IE, customers opting for the NMMP would make no payment for meter, while those opting for MAP are required to make payment for meter.
How To Get Free Prepaid Meter Through NMMP
The NMMP is Federal Government’sinitiative in collaboration with Electricity Distribution Companies, and Local meter manufacturers to provide smart prepaid meters to all customers that all unmetered (no using prepaid meters).
The goal of NMMP is to speed up the rate at which meters are used in Nigeria, and eliminate the issue associated with estimated billing.
If you are an IE customer that is unmetered, and you are unable to fund the cost associated with MAP, you can get metered by going through the following 5 steps:
- Separate your account if you require more than one meter.
- Visit kyc.ikejaelectric.com to complete your KYC; It requires you to login; if you are a first time user, enter your account number to search for your details on their systems.
- Obtain your Application Reference Number (ARN)
- Separate your load accordingly with your local electrician; this is to number which load the meter will read for.
- You will be contacted when Free Meters are available.
How To Get Your Prepaid Meter Through MAP
Meter Assest Provider (MAP) facilitates the provision of metering services such as meter financing, procurement, supply, installation, maintenance and replacement. Note that unlike NMMP, payment for the prepaid meter is required.
If you would prefer to be metered through MAP, following 8 steps.
- Separate your account if you require more than one meter
- Complete your KYC and apply for meter on kyc.ikejaelectric.com to get your ARN.
- For customers who already have ARN but wish to pay for MAP, kindly visit ikejaelectric.com/mapcustomer to revalidate your request.
- A survey of your premises will be carried out to determine meter type.
- Separate your load accordingly with your local electrician based on survey
- Upon approval, a payment reference will be sent to you via SMS or email. Please note that the reference code is mandatory to make payment for meter.
- Only reference code issued by Ikeja Electric is valid for the transaction
- Meter will be installed within 10 days after payment is confirmed.
Read also: Guidelines For Activating Conlog Prepaid Meter