BYCEP, a multi-sided gig marketplace, has commenced its Tourism Hackathon Nigeria 2022 competition for submission of proposals for scalable and sustainable solutions that can serve as a reference point for the Nigerian tourism sector.
According to BYCEP, The top 5 proposals will be invited to a physical hackathon at the UNWTO Global Tourism Conference to be held in Lagos, and the overall winners will receive prizes, as well as invitation to startup accelerator programmes, mentorship and other resources to build out their solution.
The objective of the Tourism Hackathon Nigeria 2022 is to develop scalable applications on top of flexible platforms, which provide innovative, safe and sustainable experiences for consumer and business travelers.
To participate, you are to build applications that ensure parties in the Nigerian Tourism ecosystem can have user-friendly access and take into consideration Smart integration of information, Multimodal mobility services, Customized route optimization, with Sustainability for continuous improvements in place.
Your solution should present a functional user experience to anyone, anywhere, no matter how remote. This includes serving areas of low internet penetration and low smartphone adoption.
The solution must adhere to the following:
- Offers transparency to all relevant stakeholders.
- Builds trust and confidence and encourages consumers to travel post-pandemic.
- Solves pain points for consumer and business travelers.
- Solves at least one or more of the problems faced by the industry (See the NTDC DG’s brief.
- Implements ideas and solutions that are safe and cost efficient.
- Are scalable and customizable for regional and local travel markets and customer segments.
- Are profitable and sustainable as products, experiences and, if possible, as businesses.
Prizes to be won include: cash and in-kind prizes, an all-expense paid trip to Madrid, Spain to represent Nigeria at the UNWTO Innovation Challenge, Acceptance into Acceleration program, Access to follow-up funding from BYCEP and partners, Mentorship from BYCEP and partners.
To apply for the Tourism Hackathon Nigeria 2022, follow the steps below:
STEP 1 – Join the BYCEP Slack channels
STEP 2 – Fill out the Google Form