Applications have commenced for the 2023 Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award for young persons aged 18-30.
The award includes up to $250,000 in funding, in favour of young individual that has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending extreme poverty.
Geeky Nigeria reports that The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award was established by Cisco and Global Citizen to recognize and lift up a young person who positively impacts the world.
The award has been held annually since 2018, as it seeks to recognise a young change-maker helping to create a better world for all.
For those that wish to apply, The application consists of four parts: (1) About You: Personal and Organization Information, (2) Pitch (3) Description of how your work aligns with the Judging Criteria (4) Supplemental Organizational Details.
- For the first part, you will be required to submit basic information about you and your organization and a scanned copy of your passport.
- For the second part, you must explain why you deserve this award and provide us with a 2-3 minute video of your pitch.
- For the third part, you will be required to answer 5 short answer questions about your work and you will describe in 250 words or less, how you have achieved each one of the Prize’s criteria.
- And for the fourth part, you will submit proof of your organization’s registration details including the certificate of registration, incorporation or tax exemption, and other supplemental information.
Note that the criteria for successful applicants are as follows:
- Impact – Demonstrated track record of measurable impact at scale over the last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
- Vision – Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
- Catalyst – Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
- Global Citizenship – Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a Global Citizen and a Global Problem Solver.
- Technology Innovation – Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
If interested in this award, you must apply yourself (no nomination of persons) – https://2023cyla.skild.com/register